Lyft Destination mode with arrival time

Anyone know if Lyft will add arrival time to their destination mode? It seems like it would be a lot more useful adding that - the way uber has it.

Agreed! This is probably the single biggest reason I continue to drive for Uber, only, instead of Lyft. In my case, I have to be home at 7 p.m. in order to allow my girls' nanny to go home. With Lyft, now, I have to stop my Lyft app at around 4:30 p.m. in order to ensure that I will be back at 7 p.m. This is because I could (and do) get requests to LAX, for example, at 4:45 p.m., and there is no way for me to get back home by 7 p.m. if I take that request. And because I don't know where the rider is going until I get to their address, I can't really cancel without unprofessionally telling rider "sorry, I can't take you because.... blah blah blah..." . Uber has this feature but Lyft doesn't, yet. I like Lyft because they seem to give more worthwhile rides than Uber. But this absence of "add arrival time" on Lyft makes me lean toward Uber.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, also agree. I'll use this on uber (with arrival time set) and it will let me know when it's time to head home or where ever.. The Lyft one i'm never sure if it'll really work or not since I believe it assumes I want to head there NOW.

Why do you drive?

• Extra money

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Full-time money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explore the area

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Meet interesting people

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

Advertisement